Do You Want to Seek Citizenship?
Some immigrants don’t wish to remain on green card status while they live in the country. Instead, they want to seek full U.S. citizenship. These situations require the assistance of the best immigration lawyers in Nashville. At JJ Moore & Associates, we strive to help immigrants go through the naturalization process, including helping you fill out the N-400 application, complete the test and go through the interview process. Turn to our immigration lawyers for the support you need to apply for citizenship.
How to Become Eligible
When you turn to our best immigration lawyers, we can help you determine if you are eligible for the naturalization process. To be eligible for U.S. citizenship, you must:
- Be a permanent resident for the last five years or for three years if you have been married to a U.S. citizen for at least three years.
- Be of good moral character.
- Be physically present in the country for at least half of the residency period.
- Speak, read and write at least simple words and phrases in English.
- Take an oath of loyalty to the U.S.
- Pass a test in U.S. government and history.
There are a few exceptions to some of these requirements. Our experienced team of immigration lawyers in Nashville can help you determine if you are eligible for any of these exceptions.
We Stay by Your Side
The process to apply for citizenship can often be long and difficult. Having the best immigration lawyers by your side through every step will give you confidence in the success of your case. We strive to give you the tools you need to petition for naturalization and do well on the tests so you can achieve your dream of becoming a United States citizen.
If you want to seek U.S. citizenship, contact us. We have the best immigration lawyers in Nashville and are eager to help.